10 places to see bats | 10Best 10 places to see bats | 10BestundefinedBat flyouts are one of Mother Nature’s most fascinating spectacles.
RELATED: 10 must sees on Iceland’s Ring Road https://youtu.be/RKUHBaJS5gU
Here are 10 places where you can see the world’s only flying mammal. 1. Congress Avenue Bridge – Austin, Texas This bridge in the Texas capital is home to one of the largest urban bat colonies in the world.
2. Kasanka National Park – Zambia Some 10 million straw-colored fruit bats call this park home from October to December.
3. Carlsbad Caverns National Park – New Mexico Brazilian free-tailed bats are one of 17 species found within the park.
4. Gunung Mulu National Park – Borneo This national park comprises one of the world’s largest cave chambers. Some 3.5 million wrinkle-lipped bats live in Deer Cave alone.
5. Monfort Bat Sanctuary – Philippines Geoffrey’s Rousette fruit bats occupy the caves of Samal Island.
6. Bracken Cave – Texas This Texas Hill Country cave is home to the world’s largest bat colony.
7. Cairns, Australia Come here to see spectacled flying foxes, one of the largest species of bat.
8. Lubee Bat Conservancy – Gainesville, Florida This non-profit is home to the largest collection of fruit bats in the world.
9. Elsey National Park – Australia Bats roost in huge numbers in the trees of this national park.
10. Spandau Citadel – Germany Some 10,000 bat hibernate at this former military base each winter.
» Subscribe to USA TODAY: http://bit.ly/1xa3XAh
» Watch more on this and other topics from USA TODAY: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlvHlI3rc2tMDsFRHIo4L6iifav8cr9XH
» USA TODAY delivers current local and national news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos, videos and VR.